Guruphiliac: Recycling Jody: The One Where I Break The First Person Plural Habit (On Occasion)



Saturday, November 15, 2008

Recycling Jody: The One Where I Break The First Person Plural Habit (On Occasion)

File under: Nondualogicality

[Ed.note: I wrote these short essays on my first blog, Nondualogicality, which is the precursor to Guruphiliac. Having explored the archives a bit, (and being exhausted with the silly ignorance that is foisted by those targeted here,) I'm putting these back up in this present editorial context.]

Who is writing this?

Everything we know and do is based on the idea that we are individuals, separate people who make decisions and interact with other people in ways funny, brilliant, and terrible.

To question this is more ludicrous than making Hilter a saint or calling G.W. Bush intelligent.

It is unimaginable to think that the "person" we think we are is really only an idea, even if it's an incredibly varied, creative and complex idea.

You'd have to be crazy to think that you're not a person.

Well, I'm crazy.

This particular blog is written by no one. It comes out of this head by the agency of these hands, but the fact is--for all of us--that there is only 'this,' 'this' being what is. It can't be spoken, but we're all it, and this apparent blogger is going to blog away at that point until you either get sick of it or you get it too.

So prepare to puke or maybe learn who you really are.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11/17/2008 11:10 AM, Blogger Zubin said...

Nice post, even if it is recycled.

The unscrupulous gurus are all so blatant, similar and predictable that news about them is not surprising anymore, so an occasional break is cool.

 
At 11/17/2008 11:24 AM, Blogger Peggy Burgess said...

look jode, this info is out there, many have realization of such things , there is nothing "to get", but maybe folks who think they get it and that some don't are just a pain.

 
At 11/17/2008 4:38 PM, Blogger stuartresnick said...

"maybe folks who think they get it and that some don't are just a pain"

I sometimes think "I've got something" or "I want to get something." Evidence suggests that this isn't unusual.

Perhaps it's medicinal to examine these thoughts, and regard them as just thoughts, appearing and disappearing.

 
At 11/17/2008 8:12 PM, Blogger Peggy Burgess said...

people can get behind the idea that they don't exist as an identity, but they don't see the all powerful guru in that same light it would seem, they see them as higher, better, what they want, bla bla, they want someone to have the answer, or have a holy identity of some sort.

 
At 11/25/2008 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New conclusion: Anyone who says, implies, or even looks like they know something, got something, can give something (like spiritual awakening, etc.) is probably full of it. If they have a following, they are probably at least a bit in the mind, and at least a little deluded. So..........what to do? Forget it. Done. Over. Don't care anymore about "enlightenment". I'll go about my business, and let the rest of the world live however it wants to. I've faced it: no matter how much I've studied, read, hung around with the big thinkers, big gurus, little gurus, I still, deep down inside, feel that "I am this body". That's all. Tough luck. Didn't happen here. (The supposed Knowledge, that is...) I'm not angry about it anymore. Not scared about it anymore (except that dying seems scary when you are sure, deep inside that you are your body, of course). When some guru comes, if it looks like an enjoyable gathering, I'll go. If it's demanding, I won't. If it requires my doing anything at all that I don't like, I won't. I think I'm a person. No guru could change my mind, or eradicate my mind (Lord knows, they all tried their damndest!) All the Holier than Thous can continue all their fun and games with each other. And all the people busting gurus, can go on busting them.

What a relief. I'll just eat, drink and be merry, because one thing is sure: I will one day die, and so will everyone else.......

No Longer On The "Path"

:-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home