Guruphiliac: Yoga Teachers Steamed By Bling-Bling Guru's Copyright



Sunday, March 20, 2005

Yoga Teachers Steamed By Bling-Bling Guru's Copyright

File under: Gurus Clockin' Dollars

Bikram Choudhury, the "inventor" of Bikram Yoga, is defending his copyrighted sequence of yoga exercises against a lawsuit brought by a coalition of independent yoga teachers.

Quite famous for his bling-bling lifestyle, Bikram claims that his particular sequence of yoga postures, all of which are thousands of years old, can "lower blood pressure and cholesterol, cure arthritis, ... heal reproductive and spinal problems," wash your car and do your taxes, too!

We've heard that if he successfully defends his copyright, his next move will be to patent breathing, eating and excretion.

2 Comments:

At 3/20/2005 10:49 PM, Blogger Ilia Lobsanov said...

this is old news. give me something new!

 
At 3/21/2005 10:21 AM, Blogger guruphiliac said...

This showed up in yesterday's LA Times, hence its appearance on the blog. But you are right, I've been hearing about this for a while now too.

If you want something new, send me something to write about. I work full time and will probably get fired for writing this thing on the company dime, so I can't spend all day uncovering new items.

And Alan, yes I agree. However, the guy has gots lots of money, so he can pay for fancy lawyers to tie this thing up in court. I hope he loses, but I'm not sure that justice wins out over cash as much as we'd like it to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home